MetaMask is a popular crypto wallet that can get you connected to different blockchains and decentralized platforms such as Avalanche. Using MetaMask to gain entry to Avalanche’s ecosystem provides you with quick transactions and lower fees through its decentralized applications (dapps) and its decentralized finance (DeFi) platform.
Read more: How to Set Up a MetaMask Wallet
Steps to connect MetaMask to Avalanche
1. Open and log in to your MetaMask wallet.
2. From the account options, which is a circle icon, go to “Settings.”
3. Once you are in settings, select “Networks.”
4. Press the “Add Network” button.
5. You will be taken to a new screen. This is the most important step as this is where you will add the information to connect to the Avalanche network.
Input the following new information and press save:
Network Name: Avalanche Network
New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
6. Upon adding, you will be brought back to the wallet screen. There are two signs the Avalanche network was added to your MetaMask wallet. The two red boxes shown in the screenshot below confirm it. The first box above shows the AVAX token standard, and the bottom right shows “Avalanche Network was successfully added.”
7. To deposit AVAX into your wallet, you need to obtain your wallet address by clicking on it. You can then send AVAX to your wallet.
Read More: What Is Avalanche? A Look at the Popular ‘Ethereum-Killer’ Blockchain